July is Cleft and Craniofacial Awareness Month: Your Support Is Needed
July is cleft and craniofacial awareness month, and we need your support in providing FREE medical care for youth who don’t have access to the specialized care they need.
- 1 in 700 kids in the world have cleft and craniofacial differences.
- In low-income countries, 90% of people don’t have access to surgical care, including surgeries for craniofacial differences.
- Facial differences often socially isolate young people, and prevent them from finishing school or finding a job.
- The cost of a single cleft palate and craniofacial surgery is $1,500 that most families cannot afford.
YOUR SUPPORT IS NEEDED: ConnectMed International, is raising money to provide FREE surgeries to 6-8 youth in need of craniofacial surgery. ConnectMed is a non-profit U.S. based organization founded by Dr. Gosman, a board certified plastic surgeon and the chief of the Plastic Surgery Division and Director of Craniofacial Surgery at Rady Children’s Hospital, San Diego.
PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING HERE BY BUYING A T-SHIRT.
Help ConnectMed “operate with care” in order to provide the complete, high-quality patient care that allows Alejandra and others like her to live the fullest lives possible.
ConnectMed’s goal is to provide FREE surgeries and crucial follow-up care in underserved communities. This includes:
– speech therapy and OT
– orthodontic care
– mental health counseling
– nutritional counseling
– medical training and education
Thank you for your consideration and support.