- Psycho-educational testing allows us to accurately pinpoint the cognitive and academic strengths and weaknesses to provide a detailed ‘map’ of where the vulnerabilities lie and if the individual is struggling with a learning disability.
- Standardized, state-of-the-art intellectual and achievement testing is utilized to determine specific learning disorders, such as math, reading, or writing disorders.
- Standardized and comprehensive neurological testing can accurately assess processing speed for timed tests, visual-motor difficulties for writing and note-taking, and memory difficulties for learning, retention, and reproduction.
- Standardized achievement testing assesses specific age-based and grade-based academic performance in different areas of academic work to identify the level of performance for the child or adult.
- A comprehensive report will be provided to you that includes specific targeted recommendations for schools, colleges, home, and the professional environment. The report can be utilized to obtain school and college accommodations via 504’s and Individualized Educational Plans, and accommodations for standardized school and college tests.
- The psychologist conducting the assessment and writing the report will facilitate and support you through the process of obtaining further psycho-educational support privately, in school or in college, and for standardized required tests. At your request, the psychologist will also attend any 504 and IEP meetings at your school.
- We have access to a large network of educational tutoring specialists and testing centers whom we collaborate with.
- Aspiring Family therapists provide an integrated, evidence-based, bio-psycho-social approach to effectively treat a range of learning disorders. We provide:
Positive Structured, Goal-Oriented Therapy
Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
In-Home and In-School Interventions
As we work on executive functioning, processing speed, attention, motivation, multi-tasking, organization, coping, and self-esteem, we diminish symptoms and support your child or you in learning adaptive tools to cope and succeed in academic, socio-emotional, and professional realms. Our learning differences treatment approach is team based so that you or your child can see specialists to minimize the presenting symptoms and address the underlying biological or environmental stressors.
Read more about Learning Disabilities and Attention Issues