Sabrina Renteria, M.D., is a board-certified psychiatrist with specialized training in adults, adolescents, and children, medically complex cases, and complementary and alternative medicine. Dr. Renteria completed medical school at the University of Colorado at Boulder, and her residency training at UCLA. Dr. Renteria has served as the chief-fellow of the Child and Adolescent Psychiatry program at UCSD and will be serving as a council member for the San Diego Psychiatric Society. Dr. Renteria’s mission is to empathically work with clients utilizing evidenced-based treatments in an integrative holistic model, with careful consideration of the mind-body connection, exercise, and nutrition.
- B.A. Philosophy, University of Colorado at Boulder, 2009
- Post Baccalaureate, University of Colorado at Denver, 2010
- M.D., University of Colorado Health and Science Center, 2015
Graduate Medical Education
- Adult Psychiatry Fellowship, University of California Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, June 2015-June 2018
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Fellowship, University of California, San Diego, CA, July 2018 – June 2020
- Chief Resident, University of California, San Diego, California, July 2019 –June 2020
- Incoming child and adolescent psychiatry representative for the San Diego
Psychiatric Society, San Diego, California, June 2020
- Class Representative, University of California Los Angeles, ACGME-accredited Olive View Psychiatry Program, June 2015-June 2018
- President of the Student National Medical Association, University of Colorado, July 2011-July 2015
- AACAP Educational Outreach Program, October 2018
- COPIC Medical School Scholarship, 2010-2014
Not so normal teenage life- An illness Narrative, The Human Touch, 2013
Dr. Renteria has expertise in:
- Anxiety Disorders and OCD
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Bipolar Spectrum Disorders
- Conduct Disorders/Oppositional Defiant
- Emergency Mental Health and Crisis stabilization
- Medically Complex Cases/Health Issues
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Substance Abuse
Dr. Renteria’s mission is to empathically work with clients utilizing evidenced-based treatments in an integrative holistic model, with careful consideration of the mind-body connection, exercise, and nutrition.
Dr. Renteria meets with adults, children, parents, and family members to provide an excellent and comprehensive evaluation, diagnoses clarifications, and medication recommendations for your psychiatric needs. Dr. Renteria will review all previous reports and medications for a detailed understanding of your history. At the end of your evaluation, Dr. Renteria will provide you with specific recommendations for medications, lab work, and/or referrals to specialty physicians.
Dr. Renteria collaborates closely with Aspiring Families’ interdisciplinary team, as well as your specialty care providers and primary care physicians to evaluate and analyze all treatment plans for safety and effectiveness.
We provide consistent follow-up appointments with Dr. Renteria as needed with minimal wait times or wait lists.
Dr. Renteria is committed to working closely with your team to provide a holistic bio-psycho-social treatment plan designed for your unique physical and mental health needs.