Dr. Sopagna Braje is a licensed clinical psychologist with over ten years of experience in clinical, residential, college, and school settings, working with children, adolescents, adults, and families. She received specialized training in neuropsychological, psycho-educational, and diagnostics assessments, neurofeedback, and treatment of trauma, ADHD, depression, mood and anxiety disorders, substance abuse, eating disorders and body image, interpersonal skills, and spectrum and developmental difficulties. Dr. Braje has extensive experience teaching and conducting research as a university faculty member engaged in the intersections of theory and practice. She has published numerous academic journal articles and book chapters on issues pertaining to assessment and diagnosis, issues of identity and risk-taking among adolescents, and sociocultural considerations of parenting behaviors. She utilizes evidence-based treatments such as neurofeedback, trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy, exposure therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, parent coaching, motivational interviewing, and acceptance and mindfulness-based therapies to effectively work with children, adolescents, and adults.
Education and Experience
- University of Oregon, Eugene, OR, Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology
- University of California, Davis, CA, Ph.D. in Psychology
- Abbey Neuropsychology Clinic, Palo Alto, Psychologist
- Alliant University, San Diego, Associate Professor
- Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, APA Clinical Internship
- Coffee Creek Corrections Facility, Parenting Coach
- Community Corrections, Pathfinders for Change, Oregon Social Learning Center, Parent Coach
- Direction Service Counseling Center, Psychologist
- A randomized controlled trial of a computer delivered alcohol intervention for college students: a pilot study on the moderating role of class standing on treatment effects .
- A comparison of two models of risky sexual behavior during late adolescence.
- Ethnic socialization, perceived discrimination, and psychological adjustment among trans-racially adopted and non-adopted ethnic minority adults.
- Coping as a Mediator Between Losing Face and Internalizing Symptoms Among Asian Americans.
- The role of culture in influencing assessment.
- Culture and personality among European and Asian American men.
- Assessing personality using self-reports with Asian Americans.
- Violence, Aggression, Social Class and Mental Health.
Dr. Braje’s Specializations:
- College Students
Dr. Braje’s Expertise
- Anxiety Disorders
- Child Development
- Developmental, Diagnostic, Psycho-educational, and Neuropsychological Assessments
- Eating Disorders and Body Image
- Learning Difficulties
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Parent Guidance
- School and Home Observations and Interventions
- School Consultations and IEP/504 Meetings
- Spectrum Difficulties
- Substance Use and Abuse
- Tics and Trichotillomania
Dr. Braje’s Treatment Approach:
- Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Exposure Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Neuropsychological, psycho-educational, developmental, and diagnostic assessments
- Trauma Focused Therapy
With children and teenagers, Dr. Braje utilizes neurofeedback, cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, behavioral therapy, mindfulness, family therapy, and parent guidance with immediate tools for effective change. Dr. Braje collaborates very closely with parents from a family systems and developmental perspective. Dr. Braje also collaborates closely with schools, pediatricians, and psychiatrists to enhance a team approach.
With college students and adults, Dr. Braje utilizes neurofeedback, cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, and interpersonal therapy for immediate change and coping with life-stressors, and mindfulness and motivational interviewing to enhance awareness, change past patterns, increase strengths and self-esteem, and engage in healthier/positive relationships and choices.
Utilizing a holistic approach, Dr. Braje’s work will focus on providing you with the specific tools to overcome challenges, facilitate coping skills, adapt to life stressors, and gain insight and effective strategies to promote positive and healthy change. Our goal is to facilitate your abilities to empower yourself, your child, and your family via profound, permanent changes to help you thrive.