Dr. Pruginin is a licensed clinical psychologist with over ten years of experience in clinical, residential, college, and school settings, working with adults, children, adolescents, and families. He received specialized training in neuropsychological, psycho-educational, and diagnostics assessments, and treatment of trauma, ADHD, depression, mood and anxiety disorders, substance abuse, eating disorders, and pain management/health issues.
Dr. Pruginin utilizes evidence-based treatments such as cognitive behavioral therapy, trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy, exposure therapy, parent coaching, motivational interviewing, and acceptance and mindfulness-based therapies to effectively work with adults, adolescents, and children.
Dr. Pruginin has extensive experience teaching and managing CAPIC and APPIC accredited internship programs, including supervising interns, interviewing candidates, collaborating with graduate schools training directors, and overseeing clinical supervisors. He also has extensive experience teaching graduate courses in Cognitive Assessment, Psychology in Primary Care, Child and Adolescent Counseling, Multicultural Psychology, Psychopharmacology for Counselors, Healthcare System in the USA, Assessment for Counselors, Group Therapy, Psychopathology, and Ethical Issues.
Education and Experience:
- Doctoral in Clinical and Integrative Psychology, CA School of Professional Psychology
- Certification in Neuropsychological Assessments
- Psychologist, Helix Treatment Center
- Training Director and Clinical Supervisor, RSD Adolescent Rehab
- Psychologist, San Diego Family Care
- Psychologist, Jewish Family Services
- Psychologist, Mountain Health Center
- Psychologist, Hanbleceya Adult Rehab Center
- Rehab Counselor, South Bay Guidance
- Counselor, Isis Crisis Center
- Counselor, LGBT Center, San Diego
- Counselor, Sharp Hospital Pain Center
- Adjunct Faculty, Pacific School of Oriental Medicine
- Adjunct Faculty, Argosy University
Dr. Pruginin’s Specializations:
- College Students
Dr. Pruginin’s Expertise:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Chronic Pain and Health Disorders
- Developmental, Diagnostic, Psycho-educational, and Neuropsychological Assessments
- Eating Disorders and Body Image
- Learning Difficulties
- Mood Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Parent Guidance
- School Consultations and IEP/504 Meetings
- Substance Use and Abuse
- Tics and Trichotillomania
Dr. Pruginin’s Treatment Approach:
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Exposure Therapy
- Family Systems Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Neuropsychological, psycho-educational, developmental, and diagnostic assessments
- Parenting and Parent Guidance
- Substance Abuse and Addiction Models
- Trauma Focused Therapy
With children and teenagers, Dr. Pruginin utilizes cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, behavioral therapy, addiction models, mindfulness, family therapy, and parent guidance with immediate tools for effective change. Dr. Pruginin collaborates very closely with parents from a family systems and developmental perspective. Dr. Pruginin also collaborates closely with schools, pediatricians, and psychiatrists to enhance a team approach.
With college students and adults, Dr. Pruginin utilizes cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, addiction models, and interpersonal therapy for immediate change and coping with life-stressors, and mindfulness and motivational interviewing to enhance awareness, change past patterns, increase strengths and self-esteem, and engage in healthier/positive relationships and choices.
Utilizing a holistic approach, Dr. Pruginin’s work will focus on providing you with the specific tools to overcome challenges, facilitate coping skills, adapt to life stressors, and gain insight and effective strategies to promote positive and healthy change. Our goal is to facilitate your abilities to empower yourself, your child, and your family via profound, permanent changes to help you thrive.